Re: Postgres Conference China 2013 closed - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Satoshi Nagayasu
Subject Re: Postgres Conference China 2013 closed
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
(2013/11/13 14:18), Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:
> 2013/11/13 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:
>> On 11/01/2013 09:09 AM, galy lee wrote:
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> We just finished Postgres Conference China 2013 in last weekend.
>>>
>>> There were about 130 attendees had join this conference, it is quite a
>>> success conference. Postgres is developing quite good in China recently.
>>>
>>> Some pictures of the conference had been uploaded to the following wiki page
>>>       https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Pgconf_cn2013
>>
>> That's awesome!  For some reason I receive this email a week late.
>>
>> Hey, what do you think of the idea of doing a pan-Asia conference, as we
>> have a pan-European one?  Is that a remotely reasonable idea?
>
> I was at the Japan PostgreSQL conference in Tokyo last week [*] (note to self:
> must get my presentation slides online) and there was talk of organising
> something along those lines next year as it's JPUG's 15th anniversary.
>
> [*] http://www.postgresql.jp/events/jpug-pgcon2013

Galy (from China), Nikhil (from India) and I (from Japan) had a chat
about pgDay Asia after the last pgcon.

Also some Japanese community members are interested in having
some Asian conference in the near future.

And, yeah, the next year is the anniversary year for JPUG. :)

Regards,
--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <satoshi.nagayasu@gmail.com>