Re: Are we losing momentum? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sailesh Krishnamurthy
Subject Re: Are we losing momentum?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
   Tom> But I do sometimes worry that we are losing the mindshare   Tom> war.  We might be growing fine, but if we're
growingslower   Tom> than MySQL is, we've got a problem.  I was just in the local

This is probably true. Once people get exposed to PostgreSQL then
there is a fair chance of forming an opinion. Today one of the
undergraduates in my class was telling me how after hacking pgsql
internals he has such a different impression of the two systems
(earlier he'd built a site with MySQL going by the "works for
slashdot" philosophy).

--
Peace, at last ?
Sailesh