Re: Pg module for Perl - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roderick A. Anderson
Subject Re: Pg module for Perl
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Barbara Lindsey wrote:

> However, when I searched for DBD Pg on Google, it led me to a DBD-Pg-1.22

Try

    http://search.cpan.org/~rudy/DBD-Pg-1.31/Pg.pm

Not sure if there are a lot of dependency issues going to Pg 7.4 as I'm in
the process upgrading to 7.4 and all it's friends.

One other issue that comes when installing DBI and/or DBD is the from the
current (1.31) README file.

INSTALLATION:
-------------

By default Makefile.PL uses App:Info to find the location of the
PostgreSQL library and include directories.  However, if you want to
control it yourself, define the environment variables POSTGRES_INCLUDE
and POSTGRES_LIB, or POSTGRES_HOME. Note that if you've compiled
PostgreSQL with SSL support, you must define the POSTGRES_LIB
environment varable and add "-lssl" to it, like this:

    export POSTGRES_LIB="/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lssl"

Good luck to us both.

Rod
--
  "Open Source Software - Usually you get more than you pay for..."