Re: Pg module for Perl - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Barbara Lindsey
Subject Re: Pg module for Perl
Date
List pgsql-general
I think you are right!
I originally went to the Perl Module list on CPAN and looked for DBD and Pg.
It gave me the pgsql_perl5.1.9.0 link

However, when I searched for DBD Pg on Google, it led me to a DBD-Pg-1.22

I think that is what I was looking for. Will give it a try tonight.
Thanks!
Barb

Alex Satrapa wrote:
> Barbara Lindsey wrote:
>
>> I have re-built Perl 5.8.2, I have installed PostgreSQL v7.4 and
>> DBI-1.38.
>> Then I tried installing pgsql_perl5-1.9.0 and it just wont work.  Have I
>> picked up the wrong module?  Are there some specific configs required for
>> any of these to support the Pg DBD?
>

> IIRC, the Pg module for Perl is quite distinct to DBD::Pg. You might be
> trying to install the wrong module.
>
> What do you mean by "it just won't work"?  If, after installing
> pgsql_perl5-1.9.0, you get a message about not being able to find
> "DBD::Pg in @INC", you've probably got the Pg module installed instead.
> Try "man Pg", see if you've actually got the Pg module installed.
>
> HTH
> Alex

Barbara E. Lindsey,
COG RDC
Phone: (352) 392-5198 ext. 314     Fax: (352) 392-8162

----
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic
message is legally privileged and confidential and intended only for the
use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above.  If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email or any of it's
components is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in
error, please contact the sender.
----