Re: Replace l337sp34k in comments. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Replace l337sp34k in comments.
Date
Re: Replace l337sp34k in comments.  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 11:22 AM Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> FWIW, my 2 cents.
> I do not see much difference between up2date, up-to-date, up to date, current, recent, actual, last, newest, correct,
freshetc.

+1.

To me it seems normal to debate wording/terminology with new code
comments, but that's about it. I find this zeal to change old code
comments misguided. It's okay if they're clearly wrong or have typos.
Anything else is just hypercorrection. And in any case there is a very
real chance of making the overall situation worse rather than better.
Probably in some subtle but important way.

See also: commit 8a47b775a16fb4f1e154c0f319a030498e123164

--
Peter Geoghegan