Re: Replace l337sp34k in comments. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrey Borodin
Subject Re: Replace l337sp34k in comments.
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> 28 июля 2021 г., в 04:39, Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> написал(а):
>
> IMO the PG code comments are not an appropriate place for leetspeak creativity.
>
> PSA a patch to replace a few examples that I recently noticed.
>
> "up2date" --> "up-to-date"

FWIW, my 2 cents.
I do not see much difference between up2date, up-to-date, up to date, current, recent, actual, last, newest, correct,
freshetc.
I'm slightly leaning to 1337 version, but this can totally be ignored.

As a non-native speaker I'm a bit concerned by the fact that comment is copied 6 times. For me it's not a single bit
easierto read comment then code. If this comment is that important, maybe refactor this assignment into function and
documentonce?

Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.