Re: Replace l337sp34k in comments. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Replace l337sp34k in comments.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Saturday, July 31, 2021, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 11:22 AM Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> FWIW, my 2 cents.
> I do not see much difference between up2date, up-to-date, up to date, current, recent, actual, last, newest, correct, fresh etc.

+1.

To me it seems normal to debate wording/terminology with new code
comments, but that's about it. I find this zeal to change old code
comments misguided.

Maybe in general I would agree but I agree that this warrants an exception.  While maybe not explicitly stated the use of up2date as a term is against the de-facto style guide for our project and should be corrected regardless of how long it took to discover the violation.  We fix other unimportant but obvious typos all the time and this is no different.  We don’t ask people to police this but we also don’t turn down well-written patches.

David J.