Re: Detecting File Damage & Inconsistencies - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Detecting File Damage & Inconsistencies
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 7:10 PM Simon Riggs
<simon.riggs@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 at 05:01, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But I do understand the overall request, so I propose adding
> * pg_waldump output for wal_sessioninfo data, if it exists
> * pg_waldump --user=USERNAME as a filter on username
> to demonstrate the use of this

This makes sense but I am still thinking of some more concrete way.
Can we think of providing a way to filter WAL from user/process (like
filter_by_origin) for logical decoding? If so, then we can have an
example to show via test_decoding.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.