Re: [pgsql-pkg-yum] pgadmin4 RPM broken? - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From John Harvey
Subject Re: [pgsql-pkg-yum] pgadmin4 RPM broken?
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi Devrim,

Wow, I was sure that I tested this, but apparently I did not. I see your point.
Actually the recent spec file in the repo should be good (as a part of some new
repo announcement), so I need to rebuild pgadmin4 RPM using that spec file.

Will do.

No worries.  I know that things have been busy.

BTW, I did some test building with the latest spec on RHEL7, since you mentioned you're thinking of a rebuild/re-release.
I had a few findings that may be of use, if you are still finalizing the spec-file.
Some of these are small and have to do with a few of the new pgadmin4-python packages.

1) I noticed that there is no pgadmin4-babel directory in the 9.5 folder, but it exists in 9.6.  Does it make sense to copy that over to 9.5 (and pg10) as well?  It is a necessary build dependency for pgadmin4-python-flask-babel.

2) Do you think it makes sense to change the name of the pgadmin4-babel specfile (babel.spec) to pgadmin4-babel.spec to match the other pgadmin4 specfile naming conventions?

3) In the yum repository, one of the pgadmin4-python RPM's has some strange capitalization in the RPM name: pgadmin4-python-Flask-Mail-0.9.1-3.rhel6.noarch.rpm.  Should this all be lowercase?

4) When I try building with the current pgadmin4 specfile on RHEL7, I get an error at patch-time:

+ cd pgadmin4-1.3
+ /usr/bin/chmod -Rf a+rX,u+w,g-w,o-w .
+ echo 'Patch #0 (pgadmin4-sphinx-theme.patch):'
Patch #0 (pgadmin4-sphinx-theme.patch):
+ /usr/bin/cat pgadmin4/SOURCES/pgadmin4-sphinx-theme.patch
+ /usr/bin/patch -p0 --fuzz=0
patching file docs/en_US/conf.py
+ echo 'Patch #4 (pgadmin4-rhel7-sphinx.patch):'
Patch #4 (pgadmin4-rhel7-sphinx.patch):
+ /usr/bin/cat pgadmin4/SOURCES/pgadmin4-rhel7-sphinx.patch
+ /usr/bin/patch -p0 --fuzz=0
patching file docs/en_US/Makefile.sphinx
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]

I'm not sure why this occurs.  I'll keep investigating.

5) I suggest that the pgadmin4 specfile should add the following line: BuildRequires: pgadmin4-python-flask-mail
Without it (assuming I remove the patch line from my issue 4 above), I see this when I compile pgadmin4:

Running Sphinx v1.1.3

Exception occurred:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pgadmin4-web/flask_security/utils.py", line 27, in <module>
    from flask_mail import Message
ImportError: No module named flask_mail

After that, the build fails.
Note that this is solved when I install the pgadmin4-python-flask-mail RPM directly.

6) I suggest that the pgadmin4 specfile should add the following line: BuildRequires: pgadmin4-python-dateutil
Without it (assuming I remove the patch line from my issue 4 above), I see this when I compile pgadmin4:

Making output directory...
Running Sphinx v1.1.3

Exception occurred:
  File "pgadmin4/BUILD/pgadmin4-1.3/web/pgadmin/utils/preferences.py", line 17, in <module>
    import dateutil.parser as dateutil_parser
ImportError: No module named dateutil.parser

After that, the build fails.
Note that this is solved when I install the pgadmin4-python-dateutil RPM.

7) I think the pgadmin4 specfile may need the following line: BuildRequires: pgadmin4-python-flask-gravatar
Without it (assuming I remove the patch line from my issue 4 above), I see this when I compile pgadmin4:

+ make PYTHON=/usr/bin/python docs
LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 LANG=en_US.UTF-8 make -C docs/en_US -f Makefile.sphinx html
make[1]: Entering directory `pgadmin4/BUILD/pgadmin4-1.3/docs/en_US'
Generating code-snippet.rst for some of the important classes...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "build_code_snippet.py", line 61, in <module>
    from pgadmin.browser.utils import NodeView
  File "pgadmin4/BUILD/pgadmin4-1.3/web/pgadmin/browser/__init__.py", line 18, in <module>
    from flask_gravatar import Gravatar
ImportError: No module named flask_gravatar
make[1]: [code_snippet] Error 1 (ignored)

Granted, this is an error that is ignored (the build continues), but I think people may encounter unexpected behavior without it.

I hope these are helpful.

Regards,
  -John