Re: php4 and postgresql 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shad Keene
Subject Re: php4 and postgresql 8.3
Date
List pgsql-general
We already have the postgresql installed and its working fine but I can't communicate with it using php4 that's installed. I can't find the php-pgsql module or the pgsql.so in php.ini.  So I'm getting an error on pg_connect.  Any suggestions on what to do from here?
Can I simply download php-pgsql and the pgsql.so?  And if so, how do I find the version that works with php4 and postgres 8.3?
Thanks,
Shad

> Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 17:42:28 -0700
> Subject: Re: [GENERAL] php4 and postgresql 8.3
> From: scott.marlowe@gmail.com
> To: shadkeene@hotmail.com
> CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 4:33 PM, shadrack <shadkeene@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > My basic question is...are php4 and postgresql 8.3 compatible?
> > I'm running Linux Redhat 3.4.6, php4.3.9, and postgresql 8.3.  I know,
>
> You should be fine. PostgreSQL 8.3 will answer most older pgsql
> clients coming from the server just fine, so you don't have to compile
> php by hand or anything to get it to talk to postgresql. The real
> issues to pop up will be compiling pgsql 8.3 on that old of a version
> of RHEL. I'm not saying you will have problems, just that if you do,
> expect it to be there.

Windows Live™: Life without walls. Check it out.