Re: php4 and postgresql 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: php4 and postgresql 8.3
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Shad Keene <shadkeene@hotmail.com> wrote:
> We already have the postgresql installed and its working fine but I can't
> communicate with it using php4 that's installed. I can't find the php-pgsql
> module or the pgsql.so in php.ini.  So I'm getting an error on pg_connect.
> Any suggestions on what to do from here?

sudo yum install php-pgsql*

maybe

sudo rpm --install php-pgsql.rpm

or whatever the file name is.  If you're that unfamiliar with Red Hat,
making you live with RHEL3 is not gonna help things.  I don't even
know if it has yum, so you get to have all the fun of rpm dependency
resolution solving by yourself.

Honestly, If I was on an OS that old I'd probably just compile
everything from source.