Re: php4 and postgresql 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: php4 and postgresql 8.3
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> shadrack <shadkeene@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> My basic question is...are php4 and postgresql 8.3 compatible?
>> I'm running Linux Redhat 3.4.6, php4.3.9, and postgresql 8.3.  I know,
>> some of those versions are old...its government, and I unfortunately
>> don't have control over the version.
>>

> Er ... Red Hat *what*?  I don't think they ever used such a version
> number.  If they did it was a very long time ago (for calibration,
> they were just about to release RHL 7.3 when I joined the company,
> in 2001).

well, remember, they went Red Hat Linux 7.x, 8.x, 9 then very quickly
switched to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2, 2.1, 3, 4, and currently RHEL
5.   RHEL 3 has had several quarterly updates, most recent of which is
u9(I think), sometimes referred to as 3.9.

if its RHEL 3 update-something that shadrack is discussing, it came with
php 4.3.2 and rh-postgresql 7.3.21 (shudder!)