Re: php4 and postgresql 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: php4 and postgresql 8.3
Date
Re: php4 and postgresql 8.3  (Marco Colombo <pgsql@esiway.net>)
List pgsql-general
shadrack <shadkeene@hotmail.com> writes:
> My basic question is...are php4 and postgresql 8.3 compatible?
> I'm running Linux Redhat 3.4.6, php4.3.9, and postgresql 8.3.  I know,
> some of those versions are old...its government, and I unfortunately
> don't have control over the version.

Er ... Red Hat *what*?  I don't think they ever used such a version
number.  If they did it was a very long time ago (for calibration,
they were just about to release RHL 7.3 when I joined the company,
in 2001).  You could probably scare the powers-that-be into letting
you update the thing just on the grounds of it still being full of
Y2K bugs.

But more likely you read the wrong version number.  What does it say
in /etc/redhat-release ?

(As already noted, php4 versus PG 8.3 is the least of your worries.
I'm just wondering whether you are on an OS version that's stable
enough that you should consider going live with *anything*.)

            regards, tom lane