Re: php4 and postgresql 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: php4 and postgresql 8.3
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 4:33 PM, shadrack <shadkeene@hotmail.com> wrote:
> My basic question is...are php4 and postgresql 8.3 compatible?
> I'm running Linux Redhat 3.4.6, php4.3.9, and postgresql 8.3.  I know,

You should be fine.  PostgreSQL 8.3 will answer most older pgsql
clients coming from the server just fine, so you don't have to compile
php by hand or anything to get it to talk to postgresql.  The real
issues to pop up will be compiling pgsql 8.3 on that old of a version
of RHEL.  I'm not saying you will have problems, just that if you do,
expect it to be there.