Re: PostgreSQL Timeline - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From damien clochard
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Timeline
Date
Re: PostgreSQL Timeline
List pgsql-advocacy
Le 10/10/2013 08:14, Tatsuo Ishii a écrit :
> Are interested in adding pgpool-II?
>
> I'm not sure what "PostgreSQL forks" actually means but if you have
> PostgresForest in your list, you could consider adding pgpool-II as
> well since both PostgresForest and pgpool-II do not touch PostgreSQL
> code (actually pgpool-II borrows part of PostgreSQL code).

Hi Tatsuo,

I build this timeline with a very large definition. I call "PostgreSQL
forks" anything that contains or used to contain some code from the
PostgreSQL branch. Thus pgPool-II is relevant in this list. I missed it,
sorry.

About Postgres Forest, I never heard of this project before and I
struglled to find information about it.

I've updated the timeline and wiki page :

https://raw.github.com/daamien/artwork/master/inkscape/PostgreSQL_timeline/timeline_postgresql.png

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_derived_databases

I've also zoomed in to cover only the 1995-2013 era which is where most
forks happened obviously.

Regards,

--
Damien