Re: Working between Windows and Unix - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Russell Smith
Subject Re: Working between Windows and Unix
Date
List pgsql-general
Erick Papadakis wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am working on Windows and Unix with Postgresql (newbie, so please be
> kind). I use phppgadmin on both platforms. Windows is my local
> machine. Linux (CentOS as usual) is the cpanel thing that my hosting
> provider offers.
>
> Basically this setup works well and I am learning the ropes. But the
> problem is with exporting data and structure. Phppgadmin does not
> allow exporting to SQL of the database on Windows platform. I see this
> error:

> <b>Notice</b>:  Undefined offset:  1 in
> <b>Notice</b>:  Undefined offset:  1 in
> Dumping of complex table and schema names on Windows is not supported.
This usually means the output of pg_dump -i is not working correctly.
Have you got the correct path for pg_dump on your server?
Is pg_dump available on your server (where phpPgAdmin is running)?

You will need to edit conf/config.inc.php and set the correct path for
pg_dump, once you've done that, you should get the correct output.