Re: Trying to use PGSql with PHP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Charles Tassell
Subject Re: Trying to use PGSql with PHP
Date
List pgsql-general
The PHP RPM you installed wasn't built with PostGres support, and you can't
add it in without  recompiling PHP.  I'd grab the source for PHP (probably
version 4.02, I've been playing with it and it seems pretty stable) and
recompile it yourself via the instructions.  It should just be a matter of:

./configure --with=pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql
--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs --without-mysql
make
make install

but you can read the INSTALL file and the output from ./configure --help
for more details.