Re: Trying to use PGSql with PHP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam Haberlach
Subject Re: Trying to use PGSql with PHP
Date
Re: Trying to use PGSql with PHP  (Charles Tassell <ctassell@isn.net>)
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Oct 08, 2000 at 12:07:00PM -0400, John Tsombakos wrote:
> on 10/8/00 2:56 AM, Frank Joerdens at frank@joerdens.de wrote:
>
> No, I installed PostgreSQL and PHP with the RPM's, and I believe Apache was
> already installed when I installed Redhat.
>
> Please note that PHP _does_ work. I can use PHP commands and it works fine.
> It's just when I try to use the PostgreSQL commands, I get an error.
>
> For example, if I do something like:
>
> <?php
> $connection=ph_connect("dbname=testdb")
> ?>
>
> I get an error: "Fatal error: Call to unsupported or undefined function
> pg_connect in /home/httpd/html/mypage.php on line 10"
>
> So, PHP works, Apache works, PSQL works by itself, it's just PHP and PSql
> don't work and I can't get what I assume is the "missing link"
> (php-pgsql-3.0.15-2.rpm) to install.

...I don't like Red Hat for this reason--it usually doesn't give you much
information about problems...

For a production machine, I typically build and install my entire
"mission-critical" chain of apps.  Postgres, PHP, Apache, etc.  This helps
avoid a few problems: Red Hat may suddenly upgrade to a newly incompatible
version, or may just change a configuration.

At a guess, I would say that you are probably missing an .rpm for the
postgres-client or pgsql-client, but that is based on my view dealings with
Red Hat.

--
Adam Haberlach            | A billion hours ago, human life appeared on
adam@newsnipple.com       | earth.  A billion minutes ago, Christianity