Re: SV: Postmaster startup problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Charles Tassell
Subject Re: SV: Postmaster startup problems
Date
List pgsql-general
You can do

ps axw |grep post

from a command prompt to make sure it's running (should see something like
" ...... /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster ...."

You can then look for a file called /tmp/.s.PGSQL.#### where #### is the
port that postgres is running on, the default is 5432.  If PostGres seems
to be running and using the default port, your best bet is to check the
pg_hba.conf file and make sure it has an entry for your local machine in
it.  Try just adding the following line:

local all trust

The pg_hba.conf file is located in your data directory, usually
/usr/local/pgsql/data