Re: SV: Postmaster startup problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Collin Peters
Subject Re: SV: Postmaster startup problems
Date
List pgsql-general
Charles, I tried what you said with the following output:

ps axw|grep post has the output:
collin@the-kernel:~$ ps axw|grep post
 6311 pts/2    S      0:00 /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data
 6336 pts/3    S      0:00 grep post

There IS a file in the /tmp directory named '.s.PGSQL.5432' which means
that it is running on port 5432, correct?
There already was an entry in the pg_hba.conf file with 'local all trust'

I renamed my pgsql directory and recompiled postgres but it still does
the exact same thing.  Any other ideas?

Here is a screenshot so you know exactly what I'm doing:
http://www3.telus.net/cadiolis/shots/postgres.jpg
I logged in on the left terminal and started the database, then logged
into the right terminal and tried to start psql
I've also started the database from the actual cli and not a terminal
window with no luck..

Collin