Re: Paypal - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Paypal
Date
Re: Paypal  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-advocacy
To me, more interesting questions than what payment system to use are:
What entity will receive the money?
Well I know there is a non-profit in motion (or done?) for advocacy???

What will they do with it?
I would personally like to see it for things like professional documentation editing, shows/events,
anything that has to do with advocating PostgreSQL

 What
sort of public accounting will they have?
Well, I think (I would have to double check) that as a non profit you have to make your books
public.

 How will cross-border money
transfer work and how expensive will it be? Will the U.S. customs need
my fingerprints?

Only if you plan on flying in.

Personally, if I need to send money somewhere, I have my bank wire it.
I don't see a need to introduce another middleman, but maybe someone
can explain why they think they need to.
Well there are problems with bank wire.

One: it is typically more expensive than using a credit card or paypal account.
Two: it is ridiculous to wire 5.00, where it is useful to paypal or credit card 5.00.
Three: with a wire, once the money is gone, it is gone. Zero recourse.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com