Re: Paypal - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Paypal
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >To me, more interesting questions than what payment system to use are:
> >What entity will receive the money?
> >
> Well I know there is a non-profit in motion (or done?) for advocacy???

yes

> >What will they do with it?
> >
> I would personally like to see it for things like professional
> documentation editing, shows/events,
> anything that has to do with advocating PostgreSQL

this is the intent ... we'd like to be able to start funding booths and
marketing material if we can ...

> Three: with a wire, once the money is gone, it is gone. Zero recourse.

Agreed, we've absorbed a few invoices as a result of a client swearing
that the money was wired and they had proof of that, but we never received
it :(

----