Re: Paypal WAS: PostgreSQL speakers needed for - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Paypal WAS: PostgreSQL speakers needed for
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 12:32:36 -0800,
  Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> Anyway, it sounds like I'm alone in my distrust of Paypal, so maybe we should
> drop it?

I wouldn't say that. They are owned buy eBay which is known for having
a low regard for user privacy, especially with regard to Law Enforcement
fishing expeditions.

The main thing going for Paypal is the network effect. If you used say e-Gold,
a lot of people that might donate via Paypal probably wouldn't bother to
set up an e-Gold account just to be able to send money electronicly.