Re: Paypal - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Paypal
Date
Re: Paypal
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Anyway, it sounds like I'm alone in my distrust of Paypal, so maybe
> we should drop it?

To me, more interesting questions than what payment system to use are:
What entity will receive the money? What will they do with it? What
sort of public accounting will they have? How will cross-border money
transfer work and how expensive will it be? Will the U.S. customs need
my fingerprints?

Personally, if I need to send money somewhere, I have my bank wire it.
I don't see a need to introduce another middleman, but maybe someone
can explain why they think they need to.