Re: Paypal - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Keith C. Perry
Subject Re: Paypal
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Quoting Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>:

> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Anyway, it sounds like I'm alone in my distrust of Paypal, so maybe
> > we should drop it?
>
> To me, more interesting questions than what payment system to use are:
> What entity will receive the money? What will they do with it? What
> sort of public accounting will they have? How will cross-border money
> transfer work and how expensive will it be? Will the U.S. customs need
> my fingerprints?
>
> Personally, if I need to send money somewhere, I have my bank wire it.
> I don't see a need to introduce another middleman, but maybe someone
> can explain why they think they need to.

I'm going second, third and forth this point.  I'm kinda of the mindset we
should be reviewing banks and how to set up a system ourself.  'Course that is
not practical here however I don't like using a middleman either and wire are
very easy and standard for me to deal with out of my companies business account.
 Plus it will be in my accounting reports.  The only downside is that (at least
for me) there is a fee.

--
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Director of Networks & Applications