Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sai Hertz And Control Systems
Subject Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date
Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?  (Martin Marques <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar>)
List pgsql-general
Dear Martin Marques,

>>What do you think yes we PostgreSQL users need some introspection.
>>

>1) This is in the 5.0.0 development tree, which could come out around.....
>lets say 2 years maybe?
>2) Stored Procedures with those features are already in PG long time ago, and
>are getting optimized every new release.

2 Years sounds good but does it matter ? , some day or other MySQL is
going to have more cutting edge features which are  already is loaded
with features like Windows Port , Speed etc.

NOTE :
Here I would like to mention I truly love PostgreSQL and at the same
time succesfully using it my all apps but I am concerned
with  slow growth rate of popularity  ( of PostgreSQL) and this new
feature of MySQL today or tommorow  will be a threat.
And may push back PostgreSQL  for enterprise class applications.

Regards,
Vishal Kashyap.