Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date
Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
List pgsql-general
Sai Hertz And Control Systems wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Their was a huge rore about MySQL recently for something in java functions
> now theirs one more
>
> http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/News-5.0.x.html
>
> Does this concern anyone.

It seems to concern MySQL now at least. They have changed their minds on
many enterprise features that PostgreSQL has for years. The strategy of
misguiding people like "you don't need foreign keys", "you don't need
stored procedures", "yadda yadda triggers", "blah blah views" didn't
work forever. So they have to add or propose those features one by one.

Let's see them when they're done, okay?

Jan