Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From B. van Ouwerkerk
Subject Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date
List pgsql-general
> 2 Years sounds good but does it matter ? , some day or other MySQL is
> going to have more cutting edge features which are  already is loaded
> with features like Windows Port , Speed etc.
>
> NOTE :
> Here I would like to mention I truly love PostgreSQL and at the same
> time succesfully using it my all apps but I am concerned
> with  slow growth rate of popularity  ( of PostgreSQL) and this new
> feature of MySQL today or tommorow  will be a threat.
> And may push back PostgreSQL  for enterprise class applications.
>
> Regards,
> Vishal Kashyap.

All this time complaining about how popular MySQL is would be better spend
to make the docs more clear. I have talked about this before..

I think I will switch to PG anywhere soon but sometimes it's hard to find
whatever information I need. Google is a great help but I would expect it in
the docs.

Most will stick with what they know instead of taking many many hours to
investigate what it takes to developer with PG as database.

B.