Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date
List pgsql-general
El Vie 26 Dic 2003 13:18, Sai Hertz And Control Systems escribió:
> Dear Martin Marques,
>
> >>What do you think yes we PostgreSQL users need some introspection.
> >>

> >1) This is in the 5.0.0 development tree, which could come out around.....
> >lets say 2 years maybe?
> >2) Stored Procedures with those features are already in PG long time ago,
and
> >are getting optimized every new release.
> >

> 2 Years sounds good but does it matter ? , some day or other MySQL is
> going to have more cutting edge features which are  already is loaded
> with features like Windows Port , Speed etc.

Windows native port might be out in the next release (name it 7.5 or 8.0),
with many other things there, and it should be out by fall of next year,
which is much earlier then 2 years. :-)

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués                  |        mmarques@unl.edu.ar