Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date
Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
List pgsql-general
El Vie 26 Dic 2003 11:09, Sai Hertz And Control Systems escribió:
> Dear all,
>
> Their was a huge rore about MySQL recently for something in java functions
> now theirs one more
>
> http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/News-5.0.x.html
>
> Does this concern anyone.
>
> What I think is PostgreSQL would have less USP's (Uniqe Selling Points
> though we dont sell) now.
>
> What do you think yes we PostgreSQL users need some introspection.

1) This is in the 5.0.0 development tree, which could come out around.....
lets say 2 years maybe?
2) Stored Procedures with those features are already in PG long time ago, and
are getting optimized every new release.

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués                  |        mmarques@unl.edu.ar