Re: Mac OS X Experience - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Mac OS X Experience
Date
Re: Mac OS X Experience  (Adam H.Pendleton <fmonkey@fmonkey.net>)
Re: Mac OS X Experience  (Adam H.Pendleton <fmonkey@fmonkey.net>)
Re: Mac OS X Experience  (Adam H.Pendleton <fmonkey@fmonkey.net>)
Re: Mac OS X Experience  (Adam H.Pendleton <fmonkey@fmonkey.net>)
Re: Mac OS X Experience  (Adam H.Pendleton <fmonkey@fmonkey.net>)
List pgadmin-hackers
Adam H.Pendleton wrote:

> So I've resolved all the issues that I encountered in my previous
> e-mails, and pgAdmin3 now compiles and links on Mac OS X.  I had to
> change two calls to Show() to Show(true) and added the changes
> detailed in my pgSequence.cpp patch.

Will be included in my next cvs commit.

> Also, I changed some compile flags based on Apple recommendations for
> porting programs to Mac OS X.  The changes are in the latest autoconf
> code that Dave has (is going to?) put into CVS.  Now, however, when I
> run the program, the following happens:

> 1) A while box the same size as the splash screen on linux and Windows
> appears, but is empty.  This is obviously the splash page, but it's
> empty.
>
> 2) The tip of the day box appears, filled in with a tip.
>
> That's all the happens.  I *can not* click any of the buttons of the
> checkbox in the tip of the day dialog.  There is no icon in the dock
> bar.  There is no application menu.  I cannot select the window or
> exit the program without using 'kill' from the command-line.
>
> Any ideas?  Perhaps my changes did this, but I would doubt it.

Sounds like there's a problem with wxTipProvider.
You could try to comment out the accelerator code in frmMain.cpp in line
183ff., TipOfTheDay in pgAdmin3.cpp line 136 and winSplash=0 in line 69.
Then, all decorating windows are bypassed and the main window should
come up with usable menus. If not, I'm clueless.

Regards,
Andreas