Re: Mac OS Experience - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Adam H. Pendleton
Subject Re: Mac OS Experience
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
We originally had that issue on Windows/Unix. The xpm format we now use
worked the best. Can you get an XPM to display in a simple test program?
A test wxWindows program I assume?
Can you see from the log where it gets to in the code? It may be useful
to add some logging calls (feel free to send a patch to add them to CVS
if you think they may have future value) to locate what bits work and
what doesn't.
It seems that the program gets to the end of OnInit() and that's it.  There isn't a pgadmin.log file created, or at least not like it used to (in the working directory).
Mark seems to recall having seen something similar happen on Linux,
possible around the time we were experimenting with the splash screen.
Can't remember what it was though...

What happens if you comment out the splash screen so it never loads?
Maybe OS-X doesn't like the way it's trying to draw the picture.
Same behaviour, just without the splash screen.  :-)

ahp