Re: PostgreSQL GUI - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tommi Mäkitalo
Subject Re: PostgreSQL GUI
Date
Re: PostgreSQL GUI  (Jeff Davis <list-pgsql-general@dynworks.com>)
Re: PostgreSQL GUI  (Jean-Michel POURE <jm.poure@freesurf.fr>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

thank you for your feedback. I feel it would be a good idea to get some
interfaces to other databases. Yes - I think I will do that. It would be
great to transfer data directly from one database to PostgreSQL. Maybe I
need a abstractionlayer for accessing tabledescriptions? What if we can
just create a connection to another dbs and with just a click create a
database, create tables and transfer data into PostgreSQL? Wouldn't that
be great?

What are the special features you would like to see in a
PostgreSQL-specific GUI like this? What makes in your eyes the
uniqueness of PostgreSQL compared to others?

I just uploaded version 0.02 to http://www.maekitalo.de/qpsql. It is not
very functional yet, but you should see the direction where I'm going to.

Tommi