Re: - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re:
Date
List pgsql-general
> Thanks for your reply regarding my question on how to convert a mysql dump
> into a pgsql dump.
> I have another question.  When I run the mysql2pgsql program, I receive an
> "Out of memory" error.  My mysql dump file is about 672 megabytes.  What do
> you recommend doing to eliminate the out of memory error?

Woof, that's a lot of data. I'm guessing that the mysql2pgsql program
has memory leaks (maybe by design). I'd suggest breaking your dump file
into separate pieces (hard to do with that much data -- maybe try
dumping individual tables?) and reviewing mysql2pgsql for instances
where things are read in and accumulated rather than read/written in
small chunks.

                 - Thomas