Re: OK, lets talk portability. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: OK, lets talk portability.
Date
Re: OK, lets talk portability.  (Jean-Michel POURE <jm.poure@freesurf.fr>)
List pgsql-hackers

Agreed. I develop pgAdmin using cygwin/postgresql on my laptop and quite
frankly it's a pain in the neck. I did notice when playing with MySQL
recently that it appears to use Cygwin, though *only* the .dll, there is
no installation of Cygwin required. Perhaps if we could get to roughly
that stage it would be good. Of course we'd also need a few things from
/bin like sh for example.

If we can get it to this stage then I'm sure Jean-Michel and I could
come up with a nice installer that will allow us to keep the GPL & BSD
code nicely separate on a swerver somewhere & still allow an automated
download/install...
> 3) Existing version of PostgreSQL under Windows
> Did anyone test
> http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA023283/Postgr> eSQLe.html

Downloaded it but haven't played yet (blame it on a cranky Exchange
server!).

Regards, Dave.