Re: OK, lets talk portability. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: OK, lets talk portability.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Le Jeudi 9 Mai 2002 09:12, Dave Page a écrit :
> If we can get it to this stage then I'm sure Jean-Michel and I could
> come up with a nice installer that will allow us to keep the GPL & BSD
> code nicely separate on a swerver somewhere & still allow an automated
> download/install...

This would be quite easy. But the problem is that we might need to rename
Cygwin.dll in order to avoid conflicts. It may become a maintenance
nightmare. This will not stop Cygwin from provinding PostgreSQL neither.

To my mind, the solution is to deliver all software needed (native Apache,
native Python, Native OpenOffice, Cygwin layer, Dev-C++, pgAdmin2,
Cygwin-KDE) within a SINGLE installer. See my previous mails.

Work is time-consuming. If I have to spend time on a project, this will be for
getting rid of Microsoft hegemony, not the less.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel