Why you should Join W32/Debian to save the world from Microsoft - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Why you should Join W32/Debian to save the world from Microsoft
Date
List pgsql-hackers
My dear friends,

For those who doubt PostgreSQL port is mainly an installer problem, visit
http://fink.sourceforge.net. Fink is a powerfull package installer for MacOSX
based on dpkg and Perl.

With the collaborative help of PostgreSQL hackers, we should be able to
release a single on-line installer for all software needed for the Windoze
platform. See my previous emails on the list.

Packages should be of two kinds :

W32/Debian Native Windows packages
- dpkg,
- cygwin,
- apache,
- python,
- pgAdmin2 ,
- perl,
- dev-c++,
- openoffice,
- CVS,
- diff,
- WinCVS.

W32/Debian cygwin packages
- KDE2(3?),
- Gnome2,
- PostgreSQL,
- and event MySQL (then we will see which is the "fastest" my friends).

When this is achieved, this will always be possible to port PostgreSQL to
native Windows. And then release a new W32/package that will integrate
smoothly in the framework without hastle. Without dependency problem or
conflict.

This will give the stong user base needed to outperform Windows hegemony and
put an end to Microsoft violating Human Rights.

Help needed, any candidates?
Cheers, Jean-Michel POURE