Re: ecpg thread-safe descriptor - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: ecpg thread-safe descriptor
Date
Re: ecpg thread-safe descriptor  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-patches
On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 12:53:58PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> It it appears to me that the MSVC
>> build problem has existed for weeks or months but no one noticed so far,
>> right?
>
> This is absolutely not true. We have been building ecpg successfully on
> MSVC all along, just not testing. See for example the make log at
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=red_bat&dt=2007-09-30%20043002&stg=make
> and search for "Project: libecpg"

Sorry, my bad. Seems I got this mixed up. Once we enabled testing for
ecpg we had some problems to be sorted out, but right now only the
DllMain thing seems to be a problem.

Since I do not know whether we really need DllMain could anyone please
test whether ecpg builds correctly without it? We can then sort out how
to fix the problem later on. AFAIRC (and hopefully I'm right this time)
multithreading never worked under msvc so we might have to set
thread-safety to disabled on these systems for ecpg for the time being.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes