Re: ecpg thread-safe descriptor - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ecpg thread-safe descriptor
Date
Re: ecpg thread-safe descriptor  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
> Sorry, my bad. Seems I got this mixed up. Once we enabled testing for
> ecpg we had some problems to be sorted out, but right now only the
> DllMain thing seems to be a problem.

> Since I do not know whether we really need DllMain could anyone please
> test whether ecpg builds correctly without it?

It looks to me like we should not need it, if we instead add code to
initialize the mutexes properly on Windows (a la the way it's done
in libpq).  I can prepare a patch, but I don't have the ability to
test it on Windows --- will anyone be around who can, in an hour or so?

            regards, tom lane