Re: initdb of regression test failed. - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: initdb of regression test failed.
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito@guitar.ocn.ne.jp> writes:
> The database cluster will be initialized with locale Japanese_Japan.932.
> initdb: could not find suitable encoding for locale "Japanese_Japan.932"

So, what encoding *should* we use for that locale?

> I think this is required....

We are certainly not going to disable pg_regress's ability to test in
non-C locales.  ISTM a proper fix is an addition to the table in
src/port/chklocale.c.  This example suggests actually that we need
a boatload more table entries to handle Windows locale names :-(
(count on Microsoft to ignore standards...)

            regards, tom lane