Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Date
Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> The main downside of testing a snapshot, as I see it, is that the
> snapshot is virtually certain not to be initdb-compatible with either
> the previous release or the upcoming one.  Mini-releases would have
> that problem too, and so I don't really see what they add in terms of
> testability.

The main purpose of mini-releases would be to make testing more accessable to
newbies who find anon-CVS intimidating.

However, there's no point in worrying about lowering the barriers of entry
unless we have a program and a coordinator to make some kind of real use of
these newbies' feedback.

Anybody wanna volunteer to be 7.5 testing coordinator?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions