Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Date
Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion  (Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres@cybertec.at>)
Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
People,

> >So, why tie it into the PostgreSQL source tree?  Won't it be popular
> >enough to live on its own, that it has to be distributed as part of the
> >core?

Personally, I find it rather inconsistent to have any PL, other than PL/pgSQL,
as part of the core distribution -- when we are pushing the interfaces, such
as JDBC and libpqxx to seperate modules in pgFoundry.   Either we're trying
to lighten up the core, or we're not.    But right now there seems to be no
logic in operation.

I do think, though, that we need some system to build RPMs for all the
pgFoundry stuff ...

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions