Re: proposal: be smarter about i/o patterns in index scan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sailesh Krishnamurthy
Subject Re: proposal: be smarter about i/o patterns in index scan
Date
List pgsql-hackers
   Tom> For starters, read the previous discussions of this in the   Tom> archives.
   Tom> Two questions you should have answers to before starting to   Tom> implement, rather than after, are how to
dealwith locking   Tom> considerations and what will be the implications of giving up   Tom> the property that
indexscansdeliver sorted output.

I don't know about the former, but as to the latter, we should
certainly have the ability for both output sorted by key and
TID-List-Fetch ...

--
Pip-pip
Sailesh