Re: read this and puke - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: read this and puke
Date
Re: read this and puke  (tony <tony@animaproductions.com>)
List pgsql-general
tony wrote:
> http://r.hotwired.com/r/wn_html_link/http://www.wired.com/news/linux/0,1411,53006,00.html
>
> MySQL a dangerous competitor to Oracle...
>
> Guys we need a marketing department!!! Or I'll just move the application
> running my nulcear power station to MySQL...

I have to read any email with that subject line. :-)

Anyway, you are right.  We need such highly visible sites to help
continue our user growth.  It isn't required, but it clearly helps.  We
also need our users to continue telling their friends what a great
laundry soap^H^H^H^H, uh,  database we are.