Re: somebody working on: Prevent default re-use of sysids for dropped users and groups? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

schmidtm <schmidtm@mock-software.de> writes:
> is somebody working on these two issues on the TODO-List?

> 1) Prevent default re-use of sysids for dropped users and groups

I don't know of anyone actively working on it, but if you check the
archives you'll find that the preferred solution approach is pretty well
hashed out --- it boils down to creating a shared sequence object and
using that, rather than a MAX(sysid) query, to select default sysids.
The painful part of this is just that bootstrap mode doesn't currently
have any support for creating sequences.  I don't think fixing that will
be hugely hard, but it might be a bit tedious.

> 2) Prevent dropping user that still owns objects, or auto-drop the
> objects

No one has any idea how to do this reasonably --- the problem is you
have no visibility into databases other than the one you're connected
to, so you can't tell what the user owns in other databases.