Re: OK, ready for RC1 or Beta6 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: OK, ready for RC1 or Beta6
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>

>>Tom Lane wrote:
>>

>>>It's too bad the buildfarm reports don't show more details about what
>>>CVS pull they're using exactly.
>>>

>>Snapshot is the UTC time at which the cvs pull was done.
>>

>That's good but it's of limited use to me, since the snaps are (I
>presume) against the anonymous-CVS server which lags commits on the
>master by I'm-not-sure-how-much.

In my case it's against my local CVSup mirror, which is updated every 15
minutes. The buildfarm config lets you choose what repo to use.

Nevertheless I take your point.

>>Clients report
>>what files have changed since the last run, and also, in the case of a
>>failure, what files have changed since the last successful run.
>>

>Cool, I had not seen it do that before.  If we could get the CVS version
>number of each mentioned file into that, it would go a long way towards
>helping identify exactly what's being tested.

Feature request filed on pgfoundry - not sure when I'll get to it.

cheers

andrew