Re: somebody working on: Prevent default re-use of sysids for dropped users and groups? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Riccardo G. Facchini
Subject Re: somebody working on: Prevent default re-use of sysids for dropped users and groups?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
--- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> schmidtm <schmidtm@mock-software.de> writes:
> > is somebody working on these two issues on the TODO-List?
>
> > 1) Prevent default re-use of sysids for dropped users and groups
>
> I don't know of anyone actively working on it, but if you check the
> archives you'll find that the preferred solution approach is pretty
> well
> hashed out --- it boils down to creating a shared sequence object and
> using that, rather than a MAX(sysid) query, to select default sysids.
> The painful part of this is just that bootstrap mode doesn't
> currently
> have any support for creating sequences.  I don't think fixing that
> will
> be hugely hard, but it might be a bit tedious.
>
> > 2) Prevent dropping user that still owns objects, or auto-drop the
> > objects
>
> No one has any idea how to do this reasonably --- the problem is you
> have no visibility into databases other than the one you're connected
> to, so you can't tell what the user owns in other databases.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Maybe mine is an impossible suggestion, or maybe is just plain
stupid... but would be possible to create a "supershema" os sorts,
shared by all databases?
basically, a schema that is stored by default on all the databases,
with a backend process that takes care of the replication.

I insist, mine is just a wild suggestion, or just downright stupid...

regards,

Riccardo