High Level Committers Wanted - Mailing list pgsql-general

From bobJobS
Subject High Level Committers Wanted
Date
Re: High Level Committers Wanted  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Re: High Level Committers Wanted  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Re: High Level Committers Wanted  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Re: High Level Committers Wanted  (Kenneth Buckler <kenneth.buckler@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
I am currently working for the Government and there is a huge push to move
our Oracle databases to a FOSS database solution. Right now, PostgreSQL is
high on the list.

What we need is a meeting/training session with the main contributors to
Postgres to help facilitate solutions of some of the Oracle functionality to
Postgres. This may be an opportunity to gather Government requirements for
additional Postgres releases. The meeting would be in the Columbia area.

Some of our needs:
Package structure similar to Oracle
Parallel queries
Multi Master Replication

Some of the names I've seen
Tom Lane
Robert Haas
Greg Smith
Simon Riggs

Please let me know if a meeting is possible. There is another in-house
meeting April 17th where I would like to pass on contact information or
needs from the contributors.