Re: High Level Committers Wanted - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kenneth Buckler
Subject Re: High Level Committers Wanted
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I rarely post in this group, but felt input would be important to chime in here from a security aspect.

One of the primary challenges I've seen in the past with migrating to PostgreSQL from Oracle is implementing DISA STIG compliance.  This may or may not be a requirement in your environment.

While there is an Oracle STIG available, there is currently no PostgreSQL STIG - so you will need to engineer much of the required settings/etc. using the Generic Database STIG located at http://iase.disa.mil/stigs/app_security/database/general.html

Fortunately, because PostgreSQL is "secure by default" many of the needed settings are already in place by default. However, you still need documentation to prove this to an auditor.

Thanks,
Ken Buckler
Caffeine Security