Re: Backup WAL Replication Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sergey Konoplev
Subject Re: Backup WAL Replication Server
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 5:48 AM, basti <mailinglist@unix-solution.de> wrote:
> at the moment we use a Postgres Server as Master and one as Hot-Standby.
> The Database is around 50GB and will massive grow next time.
>
> Backup and Restore with pg_dump take several hours, is there a faster
> way to do this?

Where does pg_backup create an output file? (the same server/file
system, network partition, the same and then scp to another server,
something else)

What is the file system utilization for the partition where you keep
your data with and without pg_backup? (iostat -xk 10)

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev

http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
+1 (415) 867-9984, +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
gray.ru@gmail.com